Wednesday 22 August 2012

Day 19 and Onwards - An Ending

Henry Edward - An Ending

Click on above link and Brian Eno's 'An Ending' will open in a new window and play whilst you read the final entry in this debacle blog.

BORING BUT TRUE
Brian Eno's full name is Brian Peter George St John le Baptise De La Soul Umbongo Biscuit Barrel Eno

Of course we wanted to leave the boat here as it had a familiar feel. We asked them "do you see a lot of narrow boats" to wit he replied "It's Not Unusual"  (I'm not even sorry I did that)

As it turns out we still had some distance left to go. Tim managed to find a reasonable price for 'Hard Standing' which means out of the water on a patch of concrete making working on the boat not only easy but I suspect a joy.......


I  will never know this joy though because in true Pauly Cicero style, as he turned his back on Henry Hill I must now turn my back on Henry Edward and the Canals for ever.
I must say that whilst the back waters of Wolverhampton / Birmingham and the like were hard going, by the time we hit Oxford and then moved on to the Thames the trip became an absolute pleasure.




We had thrills









.....and spills








.........and seen heartache.....although laughed like drains at it all....






So here it is, Henry Edwards final home. There is a tradition or if you prefer superstition on the Canals that the 'Morelocks' observe that the boat must come out of the water before you can rename it. This will happen over the next few months so when the time comes to put her back onto the water she will be reborn as some thing/one else. 

.................Anyway if this trip has taught me anything at all, and I would like to think it has then it is this
>

>

>

>

>


2 comments: